9.16.3 make tests on centos 8

Bind-Users forum mailing list

Re: 9.16.3 make tests on centos 8

Mark Andrews
Opened ticket.  That system test appears to be very linux capabilities specific when run as root.

> On 1 Jun 2020, at 06:36, Carl Byington via bind-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I:runtime:verifying that named switches UID (14)
> I:runtime:failed

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: [hidden email]

Re: 9.16.3 make tests on centos 8

Petr Mensik
Hi, I have fixed this on RHEL by chmod o+x $HOME before build.
I think it should autodetect nobody's access at least to current $HOME.

Not sure what would be the best fix. named-checkconf is missing user
switch. That check should be skipped if not configured properly. I am
unsure which bind utility can detect just missing rights to read file
under specified user.

It was also hit by Red Hat.

Regards,
Petr

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer

Re: 9.16.3 make tests on centos 8

Petr Mensik
It seems okay to test it. It just should be able to skip the test if
chosen user cannot reach test directory. This test also fails on 9.11.19
version.