Bind 9.16.x won't start from systemd

Adrian van Bloois
Hi,
When I try to start bind 9.16.x from systemd it fails not being able to
find something. When I start it straight from the CMD-line like:
sudo  /usr/local/sbin/named
There is no problem and it works fine.
What could be the problem???

        Adrian

--
        Adri P. van Bloois

       "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else
   will save it."
                Robert Swan.

Re: Bind 9.16.x won't start from systemd

Bind-Users forum mailing list
Hi there,

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020, Adrian van Bloois wrote:

> When I try to start bind 9.16.x from systemd it fails not being able to
> find something. When I start it straight from the CMD-line like:
> sudo  /usr/local/sbin/named
> There is no problem and it works fine.
> What could be the problem???

systemd.

--

73,
Ged.

Re: Bind 9.16.x won't start from systemd

Ondřej Surý
Adrian,

your email didn’t contain any useful information we can go by.  It’s hard to debug anything
by just going „fails not being able to find something“. You will have to provide the list with
the logs, etc. if you want people to actually provide helpful advices.

And Ged, could we please keep the noise to minimum to the list?  Your email was not helpful,
so I would appreciate if you could cut the trolling on the list to the minimum.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
[hidden email]

@lbutlr
On 08 Jul 2020, at 05:03, Adrian van Bloois <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I try to start bind 9.16.x from systemd it fails not being able to
> find something.

> What could be the problem???

Not really possible to guess without the error message.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but would Danish flies work just as well?"