Bind: named can't listen while using VRF

Bind: named can't listen while using VRF

Rdtsc
Hello, when interfaces in system are used in VRF ,bind named can't listen on IP address which belongs to this interface.

Proc options  l3mdev_accept are set to 1 for tcp/udp.

But this can not help.

Re: Bind: named can't listen while using VRF

Mark Andrews
In theory all that should be needed is "ip vrf exec [ NAME ] named …"

> On 15 Dec 2020, at 03:01, Rdtsc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, when interfaces in system are used in VRF ,bind named can't listen on IP address which belongs to this interface.
>
> Proc options  l3mdev_accept are set to 1 for tcp/udp.
>
> But this can not help.

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: [hidden email]

Re: Bind: named can't listen while using VRF

Bind-Users forum mailing list
On 12/14/20 9:50 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> In theory all that should be needed is "ip vrf exec [ NAME ] named …"

What I've done with l3mdev makes me think that if BIND is run in the
master network namespace, it should be able to bind (no pun intended) to
IPs across VRFs if the l3mdev allows (as in tuneable).

Yes, BIND can be run inside of a network namespace / vrf without
problems.  But that would make it be isolated to said network namespace
/ vrf.  But that contradicts one of the primary uses cases for l3mdevs
that I'm aware of.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die