Bind with views: forward any public domain in one view

Bind with views: forward any public domain in one view

Roberto Carna
Dear, I have a BIND 9 working with two views.

One view forwards two public domains to our resolver.

And I want the second view to forward any public domain to our resolver in order to let navigate withouth restrictions.

I need something like this:

zone "ANY" {
        type forward;
        forward only;
        forwarders {
                8.8.8.8;
        };
};

How can I implement this second option ???  Can I replace ANY for the correct wildcard ???

Thanks a lot !!!

Re: Bind with views: forward any public domain in one view

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 15.08.19 12:18, Roberto Carna wrote:
>Dear, I have a BIND 9 working with two views.
>
>One view forwards two public domains to our resolver.
>
>And I want the second view to forward any public domain to our resolver in
>order to let navigate withouth restrictions.

what restricions and where are they applied?

>I need something like this:
>
>zone "ANY" {
>        type forward;
>        forward only;
>        forwarders {
>                8.8.8.8;
>        };
>};
>
>How can I implement this second option ???  Can I replace ANY for the
>correct wildcard ???

"." should be enough, but note that BIND can do the same that google servers
(8.8.8.8) can do, and you'll avoid one hop.

simply don't forward but let BIND to resolve.