Block-domain

mejaz

Dear all,

We have received the request by our National cyber Security Center to block below malicious domains from our resolvers. We are using latest version of bind for resolver.

Little Confusion is that these are the links not the static domains?  So is there any way  we can do something for it at dns level

Domains

Hxxp://aramex.com.app-ar[.]link

Hxxps://manage-app-le-com.session-validate-account-myapp.le-cloudid.com

Thanks in advance for your ususal support.

Thanks,

Mohammed Ejaz

Asst. Operation Director of Systems.

Cyberia SAUDI ARABIA

P.O.Box: 301079, Riyadh 11372

Phone:  (+966) 11 464 7114 Ext. 140

Mobile:  (+966) 562311787

Fax:      (+966) 11 465 4735

Website: http://www.cyberia.net.sa

Re: [External] Block-domain

Kevin A. McGrail

Mohammed,

I think you might be unaware that .link is a TLD itself.

Some thoughts: You can just create dummy unresolvable domains for these domains if you have centralized DNS.  If you don't you'll have to block at a proxy.  If you don't have that, perhaps you have a firewall with blocking capabilities.

Regards,

KAM