CAA iodef clarification

rams

Hi

On the CAA record iodef filed, do we force this to be unique or can it match a CNAME?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Re: CAA iodef clarification

Tony Finch
rams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On the CAA record iodef filed, do we force this to be unique or can it
> match a CNAME?

The specification says the iodef field contains a URL so normal URL
resolution applies.

Questions about CNAMEs are at the wrong layer. HTTP URLs can refer to
CNAMEs; email addresses only use CNAMEs if you like tackling
interoperability problems dating from the 1980s.

South Utsire, Forties, Cromarty: Westerly 4 to 6, increasing 7 at times in
north Forties and South Utsire. Slight or moderate in west Cromarty, otherwise
moderate occasionally rough. Showers. Mainly good.