Calculate the size of a DNS record in the cache

Calculate the size of a DNS record in the cache

Bind-Users forum mailing list
Hello,

My cache is 100MB and I'd like to know how many records can fit inside.
I suppose that it depends on the record: isc.org is 7 characters and shorter than http://www.example.com

And it probably depends on the type and adress.

So which size would isc.org A 1.1.1.1 be ?

I ask my question because I was wondering how many nxdomainattack000000001.example.com, nxdomainattack000000002.example.com...can I generate before fil in the cache of my recursive server

According to the RFC, if my example.com SOA TTL is 86400, the NXDOMAIN entry would remain in the cache for 1 day.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts