Invalid class in dns query

Trevor Woolley
Hi all,

Looking for a temporary work around, while an issue gets resolved. I have a DNS query coming in with an invalid class requested (65 or 0x41).

The workaround I’m looking for is one that just uses the IN class (1 or 0x01), if I have to duplicate all records required into “CLASS65” it could be a lengthy process.

Currently running BIND 9.14.5 on a Centos7 OS.

Rgds
Trevor

Re: Invalid class in dns query

John Levine
In article <[hidden email]> you write:
>Hi all,
>
>Looking for a temporary work around, while an issue gets resolved. I have a
>DNS query coming in with an invalid class requested (65 or 0x41).

The only classes ever assigned were 1, 2, 3, 4, and pseudo-classes 254 and 255.

What is class 65 supposed to be?  Why would anything that wasn't totally broken query for it?

R's,
John

Re: Invalid class in dns query

Mark Andrews

> On 6 Aug 2020, at 10:11, John Levine <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In article <[hidden email]> you write:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Looking for a temporary work around, while an issue gets resolved. I have a
>> DNS query coming in with an invalid class requested (65 or 0x41).
>
> The only classes ever assigned were 1, 2, 3, 4, and pseudo-classes 254 and 255.
>
> What is class 65 supposed to be?  Why would anything that wasn't totally broken query for it?

It was coming from a broken device in pre-deployment testing.

My advice to Trevor, when I rang him, was send it back to the manufacture to be fixed and there is no workaround for this fault in named.

Mark

> R's,
> John

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: [hidden email]