It is too hard for me to read from this mailing list

It is too hard for me to read from this mailing list

Allen Chen
Hi there,

It is so hard to follow up a thread if you put several subjects in one
email. How do I find the previous/next emails related to a particular
subject?

I am tired to find a subject in the middle of an email. Every time I
have to use the search function to find it. It is so weird.

Why not like the others, put one subject in one email. Let the reader
focus on one subject.

I am using Thunderbird to read the emails. Should I use something else
to read it? Any suggestions are welcome.

This is my feeling. But, maybe you are happy with it.

Thanks,

Allen

Re: It is too hard for me to read from this mailing list

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 21.09.20 23:04, Scott Nicholas wrote:
>turn off digest.

maybe switch it do digest mode, so it's easy to extract individual mails and
sort them...

>On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 4:15 PM Allen Chen <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>> It is so hard to follow up a thread if you put several subjects in one
>> email. How do I find the previous/next emails related to a particular
>> subject?
>>
>> I am tired to find a subject in the middle of an email. Every time I
>> have to use the search function to find it. It is so weird.
>>
>> Why not like the others, put one subject in one email. Let the reader
>> focus on one subject.
>>
>> I am using Thunderbird to read the emails. Should I use something else
>> to read it? Any suggestions are welcome.
>>
>> This is my feeling. But, maybe you are happy with it.

Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.

Re: It is too hard for me to read from this mailing list

Michael De Roover
On Mon, 2020-09-21 at 16:15 -0400, Allen Chen wrote:
> I am using Thunderbird to read the emails. Should I use something
> else
> to read it? Any suggestions are welcome.

Here I use Evolution these days, since it does a lot of "stuff" that
Thunderbird can't or needs add-ons to do. Especially mailing lists
ended up being so underwhelming in Thunderbird, while in Evolution I
find them pretty straightforward to browse. Also GPG integration in
Evolution (actually integrates with the system keyring without needing
add-ons etc) and how it shows you which parts of an email are signed by
putting a green square around it (useful for signed emails from e.g.
security mailing lists), and so on. Definitely recommended!
--
Michael De Roover <[hidden email]>

Re: It is too hard for me to read from this mailing list

alcol alcol
uninteresting