Latest BIND ARM is missing from docs page?

Latest BIND ARM is missing from docs page?

Brett Delmage
On Mon, 15 Jun 2020, Evan Hunt wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 06:38:38PM -0400, Brett Delmage wrote:
>> Is this ARM the most recent version?
>
> No, the current stable release is 9.16. The "primary" and "secondary"
> keywords were added in 9.12.

Then is the ISC ARM directory page https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-01031
outdated? The most recent version listed here is 9.14 - which is now EOL
according to your own page at https://www.isc.org/bind/

What am I missing, other than those two controversial words in the most
recent ARM version you list?

Re: Latest BIND ARM is missing from docs page?

Vicky Risk
Administrator

> On Jun 15, 2020, at 3:24 PM, Brett Delmage <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2020, Evan Hunt wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 06:38:38PM -0400, Brett Delmage wrote:
>>> Is this ARM the most recent version?
>>
>> No, the current stable release is 9.16. The "primary" and "secondary"
>> keywords were added in 9.12.
>
> Then is the ISC ARM directory page https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-01031 outdated? The most recent version listed here is 9.14 - which is now EOL according to your own page at https://www.isc.org/bind/

Brett,

Thank you for pointing this out. We seem to have forgotten to update the ARMs in the Knowledgebase. I know why this is - we thought that we would be entirely migrated to the ReadTheDocs.io on-line docs by 9.16.0, but we hadn’t. In any case, I updated the main ‘about the BIND documentation’ article, and added another one with links to the 9.16 ARMs. They are always available on our ftp server in the directory with the BIND source (ex https://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.16.3/doc/).

Vicky

Vicky Risk
Product Manager,
Internet Systems Consortium