Looking for clarifications about the "TCP high-water" in `rndc status`

Looking for clarifications about the "TCP high-water" in `rndc status`

Mauricio Vergara Ereche
Hello there!

I have been reading the ARM and some of the KB, but I'm still a bit confused on what this "TCP high-water" status exactly represent

I assume it means the amount of active TCP connections that happened at the same time.
Does it mean connections active? or that were not closed at some point?
Or is it the amount of clients connected at the same time?
Does that counter resets after each service restart? or does it have a period in which is recalculated? (maybe it represents the last 24 hours or something like that?)

Thank you guys in advance,
Mauricio

--
Mauricio Vergara Ereche