Modify a Response

John Selva
Hi,

My name is John and I am new to Bind. I am planning to use Bind9 (as Auth server) is some Internet measurement experiment. What I want to do is to respond to each query that arrives to the Auth. server by a chain of CNAMEs (the CNAME will have some field depends of the requester position). I am not planning to use DNSSEC in this experiment. Can I do such thing? If yes, which module (C file) that I should deploy my changes to?

Many Thanks !

John

Re: Modify a Response

Mark Andrews

In message <[hidden email]>, John
Selva writes:

> Hi,
> My name is John and I am new to Bind. I am planning to use Bind9 (as Auth ser
> ver) is some Internet measurement experiment. What I want to do is to respond
> to each query that arrives to the Auth. server by a chain of CNAMEs (the CNA
> ME will have some field depends of the requester position). I am not planning
> to use DNSSEC in this experiment. Can I do such thing? If yes, which module
> (C file) that I should deploy my changes to?
> Many Thanks !
> John

Compile with geoip support and use a dlz module with geoip support.  See
bin/tests/system/geoip for examples.

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [hidden email]

Re: Modify a Response

John Selva

Thanks Mark for your response. Actually, I tried to access the example but I couldn't locate geoip directory. What I really want is to modify the C file that is related to the response action because the methodology that I want to use will be conditional (either respond with normal response with the CNAME format that II mentioned before).

Thanks

 Selva writes:

> Thanks Mark for your response. Actually, I tried to access the example
> but I couldn't locate geoip directory. What I really want is to modify
> the C file that is related to the response action because the methodology
> that I want to use will be conditional (either respond with normal
> response with the CNAME format that II mentioned before).
> Thanks

bin/named/query.c is where the response built.

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [hidden email]