[OFF-TOPIC] RE: com.google how did they do that

[OFF-TOPIC] RE: com.google how did they do that

Stuart Browne
.ibm, .cisco, .apple, .google, .sucks, .melbourne and many hundreds of others have been applied for and hundreds already delegated into the root.  '.hp' was deemed too short (must be at least 3 characters).

See https://gtldresult.icann.org/application-result/applicationstatus for the new TLD's and where they are up to (or http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/ for details about the program in general).