Options for named startup docker

Christian Link
Hello everyone,

I am using the BIND Docker image in a Docker Compose setup. In this setup I would like to disable ipv4 and start the named daemon with the option "-4".

Normally you can do this via the file /etc/default/named (In the options variable). Unfortunately, this file is ignored. I also tried it with the "Environment" parameter in docker-compose.yml, but this does not work either.

What possibility do I have to give options to the named daemon without redefining the start command completely (e.g. via "command")?

This is my docker-compose.yml

version: '3.8'
services:
  bind:
    image: internetsystemsconsortium/bind9:9.16
    container_name: bind
    volumes:
      - ./etc/bind:/etc/bind
      - ./etc/default/named:/etc/default/named
      - ./var/cache/bind:/var/cache/bind
      - ./var/lib/bind:/var/lib/bind
      - ./var/log:/var/log
    ports:
      - 53:53/udp
      - 53:53/tcp
      - 127.0.0.1:953:953/tcp
    restart: always

Re: Options for named startup docker

Felipe Agnelli Barbosa
Hi,

I think it is better to build your own image.

So then, in the build(bind.dockerfile) you can pass the arguments, like:

RUN:
ENTRYPOINT:
etc.

OR(maybe), you can put explicitly in the conf file(named.conf):

listen-on { none; };
listen-on-v6 { any; };

[]s
Felipe

Em seg., 1 de fev. de 2021 às 12:29, Christian Link <[hidden email]> escreveu:
[...]

" A dúvida é o principio da sabedoria "

Re: Options for named startup docker

Bob Harold

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:29 AM Christian Link <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am using the BIND Docker image in a Docker Compose setup. In this setup I would like to disable ipv4 and start the named daemon with the option "-4".

"-4" means "use IPv4 only"
Perhaps you want "-6" to use IPv6 only ?

--
Bob Harold