Re: Configuration - Two queries

Grant Taylor
On 02/02/2015 10:40 AM, LuKreme wrote:
> That will not help if the FIRST connection is hitting a tar-pit.

I don't know if you found a satisfactory answer or not.  Her's what I
would try with a pair of Bind ""servers (daemons).

Configure your first ""server to "forward first" to your second ""server.

Then the if the second ""server fails to resolve (because it's query was
tar pitted) your first ""server would fall back and perform queries its
self.  -  Thus your two separate queries if / when necessary.

Do note that your second ""server will very likely be doing the bulk of
your resolution work except for when things are being tar pitted.

(Sorry I'm late to the party.  I'm catching up on the mailing list.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die