Recursive Client Rate limiting in BIND applicable in forward mode

Recursive Client Rate limiting in BIND applicable in forward mode

249558254
Hello

Is the function of Recursive Client Rate limiting in BIND applicable in forward mode?

My concern is that the client request is too large, resulting in a forward in the global limit my request, such as 8.8.8.8

Thank you

Re: Recursive Client Rate limiting in BIND applicable in forward mode

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 19.06.20 13:53, 249558254 wrote:
>Is the function of Recursive Client Rate limiting in BIND applicable in forward mode?

yes, since forwarding is recursion.

>My concern is that the client request is too large, resulting in a forward in the global limit my request, such as 8.8.8.8

1. do you mean client request _rate_ is too large?

2. why forward to 8.8.8.8 ? BIND can resolve by itself, it does not to
forward to 8.8.8.8

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.