Syntex for primary/secondary

@lbutlr
When seeing up a secondary zone what do I replace ##### with in following (the old syntax was masters instead od master, so I am guessing it needs a new keyword)?

zone "example.com" {
  type secondary;
  ##### { 192.168.10.1; };
  file "/var/lib/bind/db.example.com";
};

in https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_16_4/reference.html it appears that the syntax is till masters?

4.2.11. masters Statement Grammar

masters <string> [ port <integer> ] [ dscp
        <integer> ] { ( <masters> | <ipv4_address> [
        port <integer> ] | <ipv6_address> [ port
        <integer> ] ) [ key <string> ]; ... };

--
Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains.

Re: Syntex for primary/secondary

Evan Hunt
On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 06:30:11PM -0600, @lbutlr wrote:
> When seeing up a secondary zone what do I replace ##### with in following
> (the old syntax was masters instead od master, so I am guessing it needs
> a new keyword)?

Not yet. In 9.12 we added "primary" and "secondary" as synonyms for
the "master" and "slave" zone types, but we didn't touch any other
syntax.

In 9.17/9.18, we're going further: "primaries" will work in place of
"masters", and "primary-only" in place of "master-only".

Old syntax will continue working so old named.conf files don't
need to be changed, at least for the next several releases.

--
Evan Hunt -- [hidden email]
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.