Vim Syntax, New Release for ISC Bind named.conf 5.16

Vim Syntax, New Release for ISC Bind named.conf 5.16

Steve Egbert
Hello, Bind-Users,

This is my 2nd post (in 19 years).

I'm announcing the release of ISC Bind v9.16 named.conf syntax file for
Vim editor.

Yeah, the last one is the Vim stock 'named.conf' syntax and probably
works marginally today as it was written for Bind 9.4-9.5.

No auto-installer yet.  I'll take pull request for that if you think
it's worth it.

     https://github.com/egberts/vim-syntax-bind-named.git

Or you can execute:

     git clone https://github.com/egberts/vim-syntax-bind-named.git

The color scheme is derived from default Vim highlights using your own
color scheme.

Have it, folks!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did

Cordially,

S. Egbert

Re: Vim Syntax, New Release for ISC Bind named.conf 5.16

Hugo Salgado
Thanks a lot Steve, works like a charm!
It's nice to have well formatted SSHFP records at last! :)

Regards,

Hugo Salgado

On 14:32 22/04, Steve Egbert wrote:

> Hello, Bind-Users,
>

> This is my 2nd post (in 19 years).
>
> I'm announcing the release of ISC Bind v9.16 named.conf syntax file for Vim
> editor.
>
> Yeah, the last one is the Vim stock 'named.conf' syntax and probably works
> marginally today as it was written for Bind 9.4-9.5.
>
> No auto-installer yet.  I'll take pull request for that if you think it's
> worth it.
>
>     https://github.com/egberts/vim-syntax-bind-named.git
>
> Or you can execute:
>
>     git clone https://github.com/egberts/vim-syntax-bind-named.git
>
> The color scheme is derived from default Vim highlights using your own color
> scheme.
>
> Have it, folks!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did
>

> Cordially,
>
> S. Egbert

Re: Vim Syntax, New Release for ISC Bind named.conf 5.16

Steve Egbert
I haven't worked on the zone syntax file yet.  It hasn't changed since
v9.5 days.

That should be my next subproject.  (Which should go by rather quickly
given that I've a mastery on Vim syntax, I hope).

S.

On 4/22/20 2:50 PM, Hugo Salgado wrote:

> Thanks a lot Steve, works like a charm!
> It's nice to have well formatted SSHFP records at last! :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hugo Salgado
>

> On 14:32 22/04, Steve Egbert wrote:
>> Hello, Bind-Users,
>>

>> This is my 2nd post (in 19 years).
>>
>> I'm announcing the release of ISC Bind v9.16 named.conf syntax file for Vim
>> editor.
>>
>> Yeah, the last one is the Vim stock 'named.conf' syntax and probably works
>> marginally today as it was written for Bind 9.4-9.5.
>>
>> No auto-installer yet.  I'll take pull request for that if you think it's
>> worth it.
>>
>>      https://github.com/egberts/vim-syntax-bind-named.git
>>
>> Or you can execute:
>>
>>      git clone https://github.com/egberts/vim-syntax-bind-named.git
>>
>> The color scheme is derived from default Vim highlights using your own color
>> scheme.
>>
>> Have it, folks!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did
>>

>> Cordially,
>>
>> S. Egbert

Re: Vim Syntax, New Release for ISC Bind named.conf 5.16

Evan Hunt
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 02:32:51PM -0400, Steve Egbert wrote:
> I'm announcing the release of ISC Bind v9.16 named.conf syntax file for
> Vim editor.

Oh, thank you *so much*! That itch needed scratching for a long,
long time. :)

Are you planning to submit this upstream to vim, by any chance?

--
Evan Hunt -- [hidden email]
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.

Re: Vim Syntax, New Release for ISC Bind named.conf 5.16

Steve Egbert
I'm slowly working on a dialog with the Vim maintainer.  But before I do
that "final" submission, it would make sense to vet this a bit more
solidly before I 'mainstream' this.

On 4/22/20 12:32 PM, Steve Egbert wrote:
> Hello, Bind-Users,

Hi,

> This is my 2nd post (in 19 years).

Welcome.

> I'm announcing the release of ISC Bind v9.16 named.conf syntax file for
> Vim editor.

Thank you!

> The color scheme is derived from default Vim highlights using your own
> color scheme.

:-)

> Have it, folks!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did
Where would you like bug reports sent to?  GitHub, your email, elsewhere?

E.g. deny-answer-addresses and deny-answer-aliases don't highlight
properly when they have the except-from { ... } and this throws off the
rest of the file.  Remarking except-froms returns normal syntax
highlighting.

deny-answer-addresses { ... } except-from { ... };
deny-answer-aliases { ... } except-from { ... };

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Steve Egbert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven't worked on the zone syntax file yet.  It hasn't changed since v9.5
> days. That should be my next subproject.

That will be great! when I use nsvi, vim gets bright red and angry about
lots of fun records like DS, SSHFP, URI, EUI48, and RFC 3597 custom
records. Which makes the colouring rather less helpful than it should be!

Isle of Man: Variable mainly northeast 2 to 4. Smooth or slight. Fair. Good.