Whither the statistics? Request from ISC for your input.

Whither the statistics? Request from ISC for your input.

Alan Clegg-2
Some of you have already seen this and I thank you for your responses!

I'm now opening the question up to the entirety of BIND users.

I've been asked to lead a discussion next weekend on "what statistics
our users really care about".  I'd like to get the presentation done by
Friday, so if you want your voice heard, please holler out!

It is obvious from some of the stats that we currently make available
that they were intended to assist in the debugging of BIND internals and
some of the stats that are missing are things that were overlooked
because the guys writing the code don't run multiple huge BIND farms
that require minute-by-minute monitoring.

If you have a few minutes, can you provide me a short list of the
statistics that you really want to be able to get out of BIND?  I'm
interested in both the ones that are there already and the ones that aren't.

This is NOT a promise of getting anything into BIND in the short term,
but it will be used as input as we work on "re-instrumenting" the monster.

If you don't mind, please reply to me directly ([hidden email]) and I'll
get the results compiled and prepared.  I've set the "Reply-To" header,
but I'm not sure if the list manager strips that off...   ;-)

AlanC, ISC

Last Chance! Was: Re: Whither the statistics? Request from ISC for your input.

Alan Clegg-2
Coming up on the end of this opportunity for input.  This is a great
chance to help us out!

On Saturday, I'll share some interesting info about this request for input!

Alan Clegg, ISC