bind9 forwarding reverse dns resolution

Chechu
hey guys,

I'm running a kubernetes cluster which is getting wrong hostnames, apparently cause my Bind9 is forwarding to a pubic DNS the reverse resolution of my private network IPs...which happens to be in a public range that seems to be owned by SoftBank....is there. a way to preventing the DNS to forward the DNS resolution for that specific network?

Re: bind9 forwarding reverse dns resolution

Ondřej Surý
You should immediately stop using other people's IP ranges. This won’t ever do any good. There’s plenty of IP addresses in RFC1918 ranges or even better use ULA IPv6 range.

When you fix the IP address abuse, there’s a KB article on the topic: https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-00800

Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.