distribution of Bind software through our website

distribution of Bind software through our website

ShubhamGoyal
Dear All ,
We host a public DNS Recursive Resolver and also cater training on hosting the same using Bind.
Kindly let us know if we can host and distribute a version of bind software in our own website in order to facilitate our training process.

Best Regards,
Shubham Goyal
Cyber Security Group
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
Bangalore

150th Anniversary Mahatma Gandhi

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]

Re: distribution of Bind software through our website

Michael De Roover
The BIND software is released under the Mozilla Public License 2.0. You can refer to the LICENSE file to learn about your rights in BIND or most other open source projects. The only exception to my knowledge would be projects with no license - those are all rights reserved by default to protect authors who do not wish to grant additional rights for their software.

I'm also hosting a mirror of BIND at git.ghnou.su/mir/bind without issues.

On Mon, 2020-08-24 at 10:28 +0530, ShubhamGoyal wrote:
Dear All ,
We host a public DNS Recursive Resolver and also cater training on hosting the same using Bind.
Kindly let us know if we can host and distribute a version of bind software in our own website in order to facilitate our training process.

Best Regards,
Shubham Goyal
Cyber Security Group
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
Bangalore

150th Anniversary Mahatma Gandhi

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]

 for more information.

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Michael De Roover

Re: distribution of Bind software through our website

Vicky Risk
Administrator
Hi Shubham,

As Michael said, BIND is open source and as long as you comply with the MPL 2.0 license, you can redistribute it freely. We do have a ‘current’ directory at https://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/cur/, you might want to just mirror that. We would prefer if you didn’t redistribute the end-of-life ancient versions that we are no longer maintaining.

The text of the MPL2.0 license is here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/2.0/

Vicky

On Aug 24, 2020, at 5:36 AM, Michael De Roover <[hidden email]> wrote:

The BIND software is released under the Mozilla Public License 2.0. You can refer to the LICENSE file to learn about your rights in BIND or most other open source projects. The only exception to my knowledge would be projects with no license - those are all rights reserved by default to protect authors who do not wish to grant additional rights for their software.

I'm also hosting a mirror of BIND at git.ghnou.su/mir/bind without issues.

Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium