has no address records (A or AAAA)

Bernard Fay
Hi,

When checking my reverse zone, I have the following error:

named-checkzone cts.org 192.168.99.zone
zone cts.org/IN: NS 'ns1.cts.org' has no address records (A or AAAA)
zone cts.org/IN: not loaded due to errors.

In the forward zone, I do have an A record:

$ORIGIN cts.org.
$TTL 3H
@    IN SOA    ns1.cts.org. root.cts.org. (
            2016012701    ; serial
            900    ; refresh
            3600    ; retry
            604800    ; expire
            86400     ; minimum
            )
       NS    ns1.cts.org.
@      IN    A    192.168.99.1
ns1    IN    A    192.168.99.1
dns    IN    A    192.168.99.1

Here is the content of the reverse zone if it has anything to do with this error:
$TTL 10800
@    IN SOA    ns1.cts.org. root (
;99.168.192.in-addr.arpa    IN SOA    ns1.cts.org. root (
            2016012701    ; serial
            86400    ; refresh
            3600    ; retry
            604800    ; expire
            10800     ; minimum
            )
     IN    NS     ns1.cts.org.
1    IN    PTR    ns1.cts.org.

On a client for this DNS server, I could do a nslookup for ns1 without error:
[bern ~]$ nslookup ns1
Server:        192.168.99.1
Address:    192.168.99.1#53

Name:    ns1.cts.org
Address: 192.168.99.1

[bern ~]$ nslookup ns1.cts.org
Server:        192.168.99.1
Address:    192.168.99.1#53

Name:    ns1.cts.org
Address: 192.168.99.1

I don't know if it is related but a nslookup on the DNS server itself does not work:
nslookup ns1
Server:        192.168.99.1
Address:    192.168.99.1#53

** server can't find ns1: NXDOMAIN

What is the problem with the A record for ns1?

Re: has no address records (A or AAAA)

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 28.01.16 08:58, Bernard Fay wrote:
>When checking my reverse zone, I have the following error:
>
>named-checkzone cts.org 192.168.99.zone
>zone cts.org/IN: NS 'ns1.cts.org' has no address records (A or AAAA)
>zone cts.org/IN: not loaded due to errors.

you are trying to check zone "cts.org" in file "192.168.99.zone" that
contains the reverse zone, not zone cts.org.

Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.