nsupdate and views

David Covey
Hello all,
    I don't quite see how to dynamically manage multiple views of a
zone. Specifically I have a zone name with both 'internal' and 'external'
views that I'd like to manage with the nsupdate command. Is there a
way to specify the zone+view using nsupdate?

 - David Covey
   Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks

Re: nsupdate and views

Mark Andrews

Use different TSIG keys to direct the UPDATE request to the correct view.

In message <5508dd86.kC1mMon8E03WTkTO%[hidden email]>, David Covey w
rites:

> Hello all,
>     I don't quite see how to dynamically manage multiple views of a
> zone. Specifically I have a zone name with both 'internal' and 'external'
> views that I'd like to manage with the nsupdate command. Is there a
> way to specify the zone+view using nsupdate?
>
>  - David Covey
>    Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [hidden email]

Re: nsupdate and views

David Covey
Mark,
    Thanks. I found where this was discussed here previously (Jan. 2003);
apologies for not being thorough.
 - David Covey
   Deophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks

>  To: David Covey <[hidden email]>
>  Cc: [hidden email]
>  From: Mark Andrews <[hidden email]>
>  Subject: Re: nsupdate and views
>  Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:01:28 +1100
>

>  Use different TSIG keys to direct the UPDATE request to the correct view.
>
>  In message <5508dd86.kC1mMon8E03WTkTO%[hidden email]>, David Covey w
>  rites:
>  > Hello all,
>  >     I don't quite see how to dynamically manage multiple views of a
>  > zone. Specifically I have a zone name with both 'internal' and 'external'
>  > views that I'd like to manage with the nsupdate command. Is there a
>  > way to specify the zone+view using nsupdate?
>  >
>  >  - David Covey
>  >    Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks
>  >
>  >  from this list
>  >
>  > bind-users mailing list
>  > [hidden email]
>  > https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users
>  --
>  Mark Andrews, ISC
>  1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
>  PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [hidden email]

RE: nsupdate and views

Kevin Darcy
If you can't arrange for the source address of the nsupdate to fall within the match-clients of the view, you can always put a TSIG key in the match-clients for the view, and then sign the update with that key.

                                                                                - Kevin