rndc stops listening

John Thurston
Running BIND 9.16.9 on CentOS 8

I have the following in my .conf
> controls {
>   inet 127.0.0.1 port 953
>     allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { "mykey"; };
>   inet 10.2.0.1 port 953
>     allow { 10.2.3.3; 10.2.4.3; }
>     keys { "threekey"; "fourkey"; };
> };

And I normally can see the named process is listening on tcp:953 on both
127.0.0.1 and 10.2.0.1.   But sometimes later, I find it listening only
on 127.0.0.1.   If I do an 'rndc reconfig', it starts listening again on
both addresses. Normal DNS service has continued uninterrupted.

I can't find footprints left from anything falling down. I'd could just
install a watchdog to 'reconfig' whenever port 953 stops answering, but
I'd rather figure out why it is stopping and correct the problem. To do
that, I need more information.

Am I not looking in the correct log?
Do I need to crank up the logging level for something?
If so, for what? and how high?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
[hidden email]
Department of Administration