timestamp in journal

Klaus Darilion
Hi!

named-journalprint dumps the journal without any time information.

Does the journal include time information? (Timestamp of add/del)

If yes, can I somehow extract the timestamps?

thanks
Klaus

Re: timestamp in journal

Anand Buddhdev
On 09/07/2018 13:50, Klaus Darilion wrote:

Hi Klaus,

> named-journalprint dumps the journal without any time information.
>
> Does the journal include time information? (Timestamp of add/del)
>
> If yes, can I somehow extract the timestamps?

As far as I know, the journal does not have any time information in it.
If the zone was updated by dynamic DNS updates, then you may be able to
match up serial numbers in the journal with DDNS updates from BIND's log.

Regards,
Anand

Re: timestamp in journal

Klaus Darilion
Hi Anand!

Am 09.07.2018 um 14:04 schrieb Anand Buddhdev:

> On 09/07/2018 13:50, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
> Hi Klaus,
>
>> named-journalprint dumps the journal without any time information.
>>
>> Does the journal include time information? (Timestamp of add/del)
>>
>> If yes, can I somehow extract the timestamps?
> As far as I know, the journal does not have any time information in it.
Thanks for the info!
> If the zone was updated by dynamic DNS updates, then you may be able to
> match up serial numbers in the journal with DDNS updates from BIND's log.
Actually it is a slave with incoming XFR, but matching serial numbers
with Bind's log worked.

Thanks
Klaus