zone forward to pseudo domain(*.local) does not work

zone forward to pseudo domain(*.local) does not work

Bind-Users forum mailing list
hi guys

I'm quite sure I must be missing something trivial, yet my logic here
might be failing too...

I have a boxA which for local clients resolves mydom.local just fine.

And I've a boxB which

   zone "mydom.local." IN {
     forward first;
     type forward;
     forwarders port 53 { 10.3.1.100; };
   };

and here is where I cannot resolve that mydom.local domain. On boxB logs
these show:

named[20124]: broken trust chain resolving 'mydom.local/A/IN': 10.3.1.100#53
named[20124]: no valid RRSIG resolving 'mydom.local/DNSKEY/IN':
10.3.1.100#53

I checked responses from boxA with +dnssec and as expected these are
secure(d).

boxA does allow-transfer boxB

What is the problem, what I got wrong there?

many thanks, L.